Sunday, July 24, 2005

I am finally back.

It was a wonderful trip, I highly recommend going to Ukraine as soon as possible. There were few travelers, and that greatly added to the experience. That wont be true for long. I especially loved Lviv which felt like Prague 25 years ago, but a little smaller (at least I have been told). But I am glad to be home and able to start fully testing some of the code I have been writing.

I have a basic enumeration inference engine, Discrete Distribution, Bayes Net class all built and tested. The enumeration engine might need a little more work at some point, because of the way it is designed I kinda had to use a hack to get it to compute the probability of a variable that is already specified in the evidence. But I am going to leave it for now. The answers also seem to be slightly off due to the precision of floating point numbers. I am looking into alternative representations, but I am going to leave it for now.

I was going to move on to the variable elimination algorithm, but I think I am going to implement junction tree inference first. My goal is to have a barebones package working as soon as possible, and the junction tree inference algorithm will ultimately be more useful than the variable elimination algorithm.

Then after that it is on to EM...

That is all for now. Feel free to leave me a comment or note on this page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home