Friday, August 19, 2005

The code cleanup is finally done, almost a week later than i thought it would be. I am actually very happy with the cleanup. The problem however is i have introduced a bug in the way i handle indexing the arrays. This is unbelievably frustrating. I thought I had finally figured out the slices, but it just seems that while they index the correct locations, and therefore work for a set statement, when doing a select statement, they return the desired arguments, but the array is not shaped correctly. A return value that should be 3 long is instead (1,3,1), and so when I use that value in a multiplication or something akin to that, I get all kinds of weird answers.

I think my plan is going to be to pass in the indices and axes as arguments to the [] notation, and then handle all of the slicing behind the scenes, that way i can fully abstract the method of slicing and the underlying array implementation from the rest of my code. This single problem has probably cost me more than 2 weeks worth of work. Ahhhhh!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home